- Arm Lift
- Body Procedures
- Buttock Augmentation
- Calf Augmentation
- Gastric Bypass
- Penis Enlargement
- Sex Change
- Tummy Tuck
- Vaginal surgery
- Hair Removal
- Hair Transplant
- Injectable Fillers
- Skin Procedures
- Skin Resurfacing
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Ear Surgery
- Eyelid Surgery
- Face Procedures
- Fat Grafting
- Lip Augmentation
- Lip Reduction
- Nose surgery
- Permanent Cosmetics
- Brazillian Blowout Treatment
- Dental Implants
- Diabetes Treatment
- Medical tourism
- Plastic Surgeon
- Plastic Surgery
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Swine Flu
Questions to ask the surgeon
Questions To Ask The Surgeon Related Terms:
Body Procedures, Breast Procedures, Cosmetic Surgery, Face Procedures, Plastic Surgery, Skin Procedures, Surgeon, Surgery Animations
Questions patients should ask their surgeon
• May I see "before and after" photos of recent patients? The physician should provide many photos of recent patients.
• Are the desired results I described realistic?
• Can the results I want be achieved through alternative or non-surgical procedures?
• Are there other procedures that I should consider to enhance the affects of this procedure?
• Are there other procedures that I should consider to combine with this procedure? (undergoing more than one procedure at the same time)
• Where is the surgery performed (hospital, out-patient clinic, office, etc.)?
• How long will the procedure take?
• What kind of anaesthesia will the surgeon use during the surgery / treatment?
• What are the risks involved?
• What information is there regarding any allergies and serious medical conditions they may occur?
• In my case, what technique will be the most appropriate for my procedure?
• What is the doctor’s / surgeon’s experience in performing this procedure? (How long has he/she performed this procedure, and how many he/she has performed in the past year?)
• What percentage of patients have had significant complications? (The physician should disclose this information to you)
• Could I observe the exact procedure I am considering before I decide to have the surgery? (Either on videotape or ask to view one in real life)
• Who will be assisting during the surgery? What are their qualifications? (Does the plastic surgeon perform the entire surgery?)
• Patients should inform the surgeon of any medications they are taking, and ask about possible conflicts with the procedure.
• Patients should inform the surgeon of their health condition, and ask about possible conflicts with the procedure.
• What percentage of patients experience complications with this procedure?
• Has the surgeon / the clinic ever had malpractice insurance coverage denied, revoked or suspended?
• What should I expect, post-operatively, in terms of scarring?
• What should I expect, post-operatively, in terms of side-effects?
• What should I expect post-operatively, in terms of soreness, what to watch for, medication, bathing, and level of activity?
• What is the expected healing time?
• How long until I may be back to full activity?
• What is the surgeon’s policy in regards to correcting or repeating the procedure if the results do not meet agreed upon goals?
• Will you repeat or correct procedures if it does not meet agreed upon goals?
• If the procedure must be repeated / corrected, will I be charged again?
• How much does the procedure cost?
• What other elements are involved with the costs (i.e., hospital fee, anaesthesia, etc.)?
• Do you offer patient financing?
Questions to ask the surgeon Sponsored Links
Plastic Surgery Articles
»Add Your Article«