- Arm Lift
- Body Procedures
- Buttock Augmentation
- Calf Augmentation
- Gastric Bypass
- Penis Enlargement
- Sex Change
- Tummy Tuck
- Vaginal surgery
- Hair Removal
- Hair Transplant
- Injectable Fillers
- Skin Procedures
- Skin Resurfacing
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Ear Surgery
- Eyelid Surgery
- Face Procedures
- Fat Grafting
- Lip Augmentation
- Lip Reduction
- Nose surgery
- Permanent Cosmetics
- Brazillian Blowout Treatment
- Dental Implants
- Diabetes Treatment
- Medical tourism
- Plastic Surgeon
- Plastic Surgery
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Swine Flu
Ghana (GH) Hair Removal
Hair Removal Related Terms:
Hair Removal In Ghana GH, Ghana Hair Threading, Ghana Sugaring, Ghana Body Procedures, Ghana Chemical Depilatories, Ghana Cosmetic Surgery, Ghana Depilation, Ghana Electrology Hair Removal, Ghana Epilation, Ghana Face Procedures, Ghana Hair Plucking, Ghana Hair Waxing, Ghana Intense Pulsed Light Hair Removal, Ghana Laser Hair Removal, Ghana Laser Hair Removal, Ghana Plastic Surgery, Ghana Skin Procedures, Ghana Surgeon
Hair Removal in Ghana section, includes general infrmation about Hair Removal Procedure, Hair Removal Ghana Local News, Hair Removal Ghana Surgeon Locator and other Hair Removal related material.
Hair Removal Procedure
Laser hair removal involves a light that uses special wavelengths to damage the end of the hair or the hair follicles. The strength of the light is adjusted so that just enough damage is done to prevent or reduce the amount of hair that grows back. The light used in the hair removal procedure targets the high pigmented colors of the hair. If you are planning to go for a laser hair removal treatment, do stay out of the sun at least a few weeks prior to the procedure. Having a tan or dark colored skin can make the procedure difficult or even impossible. If you are on any medication at all, it is important to let your doctor know before the treatment begins. There are some medications that can reduce the effects of the procedure. There are health risks associated with combining medications with the hair removal procedure.
Some individuals may experience a small amount of pain, but it is often manageable. The amount of discomfort experienced during the procedure is noted by many patients to be similar to the feeling of someone pricking you. However if you are having the treatment at sensitive areas such as the armpits and the groin/bikini region, pain is evitable. If you are concerned about the pain associated with your hair removal procedure, speak to your doctor about the possibilities of anesthesia.
The best candidates for laser hair removal have the following criteria:-
• Dark hair, light skin, and course hair are the easiest to treat. These patients typically see the best results and require fewer treatment sessions.
• People with dark skin may not be ideal candidates for laser hair removal, but may still benefit from treatment. Under certain circumstances the procedure can be effective.
• Blond, grey, and red hairs are more difficult to treat with a laser.
• Tanned patients must wait until the tan fades before treatment.
• Candidates who suffer from skin disorders such as psoriasis, cystic acne, and dermatitis are not ideal candidates for laser hair removal.
• Candidates taking certain medications such as Retin-A or Accutane are excluded from treatment.
• Treatment is not appropriate for people who have a pacemaker, who are pregnant, or who have metal screws in the area where the procedure would be performed.
• The procedure does not necessarily result in 100 percent reduction of unwanted hair in the first treatment session. Multiple sessions may be needed.
Laser hair removal is performed in a physician`s office or laser hair treatment facility. Treatment time can range from one hour to several hours. Multiple sessions may be necessary.
A numbing lotion will first be applied to the targeted area. During the procedure, a laser is used to dispense a fine intense beam of heated light that removes the hair follicles, but preserves the skin in the surrounding area. The laser scans a wide area of the body in the removal process.
Patients return home immediately following the treatment. Normal activities can be resumed immediately; however, exercise, Jacuzzi use, and sun tanning are not recommended for at least 24 hours. No waxing or depilatory creams can be used after laser hair removal.
After the procedure, patients are often advised to gently cleanse the treated area with a mild soap. Your doctor may prescribe a specific lotion that should be used after treatment. An antibiotic ointment and other topical lotions may be required in certain situations.
Most often, discomfort is minimal and does not require medication. Unmanageable pain, or the appearance of red or white bumps, ingrown hairs, or scabs should be reported to your doctor immediately.
The Advantages of Laser Hair Removal
• Laser hair removal is considered extremely safe if performed properly and by qualified specialists.
• A majority of clients have reported long lasting results and even permanent hair removal.
• A laser hair removal treatment can be carried out on large areas such as the chest, back, and legs in one session.
• If there is re-growth after laser hair removal this will be much lighter and finer in texture than before.
• It can be virtually painless when compared with waxing and electrolysis as a means of body hair removal.
Side effects are quite rare and usually temporary. These may include hyper pigmentation (the appearance of dark or white spots, which disappear in a few months), sensitive skins may become slightly crusty (temporary), burning of the skin, or discoloring of darker skin, as well as some redness and swelling on the skin.
Other Hair Removal Procedures
All Skin Procedures
Hair Removal Ghana (current)
Hair Removal Ghana Chemical Peel
Hair Removal Ghana Dermabrasion
Hair Removal Ghana Laser Hair Removal
Hair Removal Ghana Collagen Injections
Hair Removal Services & Sponsored links in Ghana
Plastic Surgery Articles
»Add Your Article«