- Arm Lift
- Body Procedures
- Buttock Augmentation
- Calf Augmentation
- Gastric Bypass
- Penis Enlargement
- Sex Change
- Tummy Tuck
- Vaginal surgery
- Hair Removal
- Hair Transplant
- Injectable Fillers
- Skin Procedures
- Skin Resurfacing
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Ear Surgery
- Eyelid Surgery
- Face Procedures
- Fat Grafting
- Lip Augmentation
- Lip Reduction
- Nose surgery
- Permanent Cosmetics
- Brazillian Blowout Treatment
- Dental Implants
- Diabetes Treatment
- Medical tourism
- Plastic Surgeon
- Plastic Surgery
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Swine Flu
New Hampshire (NH) Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery Related Terms:
Cosmetic Surgery In New Hampshire NH, New Hampshire Aesthetic Surgery, New Hampshire Allografts, New Hampshire Autografts, New Hampshire Body Procedures, New Hampshire Breast Procedures, New Hampshire Face Procedures, New Hampshire Plastic Surgery1, New Hampshire Reconstructive Surgery, New Hampshire Skin Grafting, New Hampshire Skin Procedures, New Hampshire Surgeon, New Hampshire Xenografts
Cosmetic Surgery in New Hampshire section, includes general infrmation about Cosmetic Surgery Procedure, Cosmetic Surgery New Hampshire Local News, Cosmetic Surgery New Hampshire Surgeon Locator and other Cosmetic Surgery related material.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
In general, plastic surgery, which aims to restore body parts or to change them in order to look better, can be divided into three types of operations:
• Cosmetic surgery:
Mainly performed to enhance the patient`s appearance and look.
• Plastic surgery:
Usually performed to treat birth defects and skin problems.
• Reconstructive surgery:
Usually performed on traumatic injury patients (war, accidents, etc.).
The surgery involves:
• Preparing the patient`s skin and tissues
• Cutting and suturing.
Performance is done with special care to minimize scarring. Plastic surgeries continue to advance, thanks to the on-going development of modern and innovative instruments, materials for artificial limbs and body parts, and the development of better surgical techniques.
Benefits of cosmetic Surgery
• Correcting physical deformities or imperfection
• Psychological (emotional, social improvement).
Cosmetic surgery procedures
Usually, done on the face, to correct the patient`s features. That includes:
• Nose remodeling (rhinoplasty)
• Breast re-shaping (mammoplasty)
• Eye lids (removal of skin excess)
• Hair transplant
• "Tummy tucks"
• Cleft lip (or palate), usually performed on children (facial deformity of the lip, usually the upper lip. Frequently associated with cleft tooth socket and cleft palate).
Techniques used in surgery
The techniques commonly used in plastic surgery:
• Laser surgery.
Psychological aspects, before surgery
Especially in Western societies, improvement or enhancement of the look is an important factor. Patients want to repair deformities, either born with or occurring after accidents, in order to overcome social rejection. Some patients, especially in the media industries (acting, politics, etc.), relate a higher level of importance to the need to enhance their look or correct deformities.
However, there are candidates who have unrealistic expectations about the results of the cosmetic procedures. In most of such cases, the surgery is unnecessary.
The surgeon, as well as the patient`s physician, will discuss the psychological and emotional aspects with the candidate.
Precautions due to medical condition
Not every patient can be a good candidate for plastic surgery. It is vital that you consult with your physician. In general, the main groups at risk, in regards with undergoing plastic surgery, are:
• Patients recovering from a heart attack
• Patients recovering from serious illness
• Patients recovering from severe infection
• Patients with cancer, which might spread
• Patients extremely overweight
• Patients with blood clotting disorders
Preparing for cosmetic surgery
Apart from the psychological aspects, there are certain procedures involved in preparing for the plastic surgery:
• Patient`s education: the surgeon meets with the patient, before taking a decision regarding operation, in order to explain the procedures and to ensure that the patient is well informed about the procedures and risks involved, and that he/she is realistic about the expected results.
• Surgeon`s assessing the patients body involved in the surgery
o Skin grafts: the surgeon evaluates the patient`s appropriate areas that match the destination
• The surgeon evaluates the proper placement of the cuts
• A physical examination, including:
o Blood and urine tests
o Testing for unexpected health problem
o Testing for problems in blood clotting disorders
o Checking possible conflict between medication that the patient may be taking and blood clotting or interaction with anesthetic
• The patient may be asked to donate his/her own blood in case transfusion is needed during operation.
• Patients are asked to avoid using certain medication (such as aspirin) 1-2 weeks before the surgery.
• Patients are asked to avoid smoking 1-2 weeks before the surgery.
Plastic surgery aftercare starts with bringing the patient to a recovery room, and giving medication (pain killers or others) if needed.
Fat removal surgery may require staying in bed for 1-2 weeks.
Patients undergoing breast reconstruction may be required to stay in the hospital for about 1 week.
Patients may also be given antibiotics when they are sent home.
Though plastic surgeries are quite common, there are risks involved. Risks may include:
• Complications after surgery (which can occur with any operation under anesthesia), such as wound infection, pneumonia, internal bleeding and reaction to anesthesia.
• Pain, swelling, redness in the area of surgery
• Infections related to inserting a prosthesis
• Scar forming not as expected
• Anemia (with liposuction procedures)
• Skin graft rejection
• Some loss of feeling at the area of surgery
• Other complication, associated with technical problems (such as silicon leak)
Other Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
All Other Procedures
Cosmetic Surgery New Hampshire (current)
Cosmetic Surgery New Hampshire Medical tourism
Cosmetic Surgery New Hampshire Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery New Hampshire Plastic Surgeon
Cosmetic Surgery Services & Sponsored links in New Hampshire
Plastic Surgery Articles
»Add Your Article«